Our dryers for all types of polymers are characterized by their high efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
Expand your capabilities with KOCH-TECHNIK
DRYING PLASTIC PELLETS
The KOCH-TECHNIK DRY AIR TECHNOLOGY
Our dry air dryers dry medium to very large quantities of plastic pellets with deeply dry air to the residual moisture required for the processing.
The used dry air technology works in a closed loop system, completely independent of the ambient climate: dehumidified and heated air flows through the pellets, absorbs their moisture and gives it to a drying agent.
ERD COMPRESSED AIR TECHNOLOGY
The drying of hygroscopic polymers with compressed air is the most economical alternative for small throughputs compared to other drying systems.
The special ERD compressed air technology from FASTI KOCH ensures excellent drying results while keeping operating costs low.
The result: continuous drying performance, maximum reliability, easy handling and a small required space.
Polymer drying with the dry air technology from KOCH-TECHNIK
Plastic Pellet dryer type KKT – mobile dryer series with dry air technology
With our KKT type mobile dry air dryer, you can dry hygroscopic polymers right next to your processing machine. Depending on the model, from 55 m³ to 100 m³ of dehumidified air pass through the drying container per hour and the moisture of the granulates is absorbed.
The saturated return air flows over two alternate drying agent containers where it is dehumidified again. This way, deeply dried air is produced with a dew point of about -35 °C. It corresponds to a value of 0.19 g H₂O per 1 m³ of dry air.
The current KKT models are available with a newly structured control unit:
- Comfortable touch screen menu navigation
- Drying programs adapted to the safe drying
- Industrie 4.0 Vorbereitung durch Siemens S7 Kompatibilität
- Zeitschaltsteuerung zur Vorgabe der Trocknungszeiten
Also available upon request:
- Patented KOCH ECO control system
- Dew point monitoring with data recording
- Material supply system to fill more drying containers or the processing machine
There are three suitable programs to choose from for optimum polymer drying:
- The ECO energy saving program saves up to 40% energy. It will pay off if a rarely dried material is taken.
- If it has to go fast, you can dry high throughputs of consistent quality in the high-speed program.
- The basic program is tailored to your daily standard production.
As required, our complementary dryers with different drying containers are available. Large containers are mounted on a mobile rack.
|Type||KKT 55||KKT 75||KKT 100S|
|Dry air quantity||55 m3/h||75 m3/h||100 m3/h|
|Drying containers to be chosen from (in litres)||12/20/40/
|Volume of an individual container max.||150 litres||200 litres||300 litres|
|Total volume of several containers||120 litres,
Mobile KKT dry air dryer series from Koch-Technik – quiet and reliable. KKT 100S on the left, KKT55 with a container behind the unit on the right.
Dew point control and KOCH ECO control system (patented)
KOCH dew point control
Dew point controlled plastic pellet drying saves up to 40% energy
For dry air drying without dew point control, the desiccant containers alternate in fixed cycles during dehumidification and regeneration. The flow rates and the moisture content of the material to be dried are not taken into account.
On the other hand, KOCH dry air dryers with dew point control work depending on the dew point and therefore are considerably more energy-saving. As soon as a desiccant reaches the dew point limit of -30 °C, it is switched to a fresh, regenerated desiccant container. It means that the drying process adapts to the material: when the pellets are very moist, the switching cycles are shorter and when the moisture content is low, they are correspondingly longer.
The advantage of the dew point-controlled drying is obvious: High energy savings and the always consistent quality of the final product.
Patented KOCH ECO control system
Our patented control system for material-friendly and energy saving pellet drying
Our ECO control system guarantees that hygroscopic materials such as PA, PC, LCP, POM, etc. are not overdried:
During the dry air-drying process, the material in the storage containers is dried to the "residual moisture required for the processing". If no or little material is taken from a container, further drying may lead to overdrying and damaging the material.
The KOCH ECO control system prevents that!
If the temperatures in the upper area of the container reach a defined value, the ECO control system automatically removes such a container from the drying cycle. Once the pellets are removed or the dwell time is exceeded, the container is joined again.
- Your material is not overdried.
- You always have pre-dried pellets available.
- You save energy - in a significant extent.
Other advantageous properties:
- Control of the required air quantity for each individual drying container
- Control of the defined air quantity – independently of the filling quantity and shape of material
- The exactly required amount of dry air flows always through the container.
- Optionally with automatic load adjustment